To “merch” or not to “merch, that is the question.
Whether ’tis nobler to languish in obscurity and maintain a strong authorial distance and literary reputation far above the commercial fray…. Or say Fuck it! and offer the cool apron and ironic water bottle imprinted with pithy sayings from the novel available NOW!
I think you know my answer:
- I think that any buzz is good biz.
- I think it’s fun to design merch and post it. I think I’d rather have you buy a book than an apron, but hey, why not both.
- I think, let the writing in the book stand for itself.
Hey, anybody know how/where I can get Action Figures made? I’m thinking….
- Kira with her yoga mat.
- Adam with a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a bottle of Percodan.
- Polly with a razor blade and a stuffed animal.
Oh, you need to read the book for that to make sense.